A little known secret from the Government is called Veterans Aid & Attendance. This is a special pension which is referred to as a non-service connected pension, because the veteran, spouse or widow does not have to have a disability which is a result of military service. Veterans Aid & Attendance is particularly helpful for Assisted Living Facilities (ALF) residents or home health aides. Supplemental pension provided by the VA will help pay for the monthly cost of the ALF or for the nurse`s aide.
The Maximum Current VA pension rates are as follows:
- Single Veteran $1,788 per month
- Married Veteran $2,120 per month
- Widowed Spouse $1,149 per month
- Veteran married to a Veteran $2,837 per month
- Veteran benefit with dependent $2,120 per month